What's your best biking moment

The news and your views about biking
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Re: What's your best biking moment

Post by Itchy »

I've been contemplating this thread for a while, and as others have said, I'm not sure I can narrow it down to one singular experience.
Presumably because I'm always having fun on the bike, each ride out is something different and often exhilarating, but there are a couple that spring to mind...

Popping my first unintentional power wheelie on the Daytona 600 going past a guy waiting at a junction on a monkey bike!

Uttering the words "We'll only be gone about an hour" to the missus, then coming back after it had gotten dark, 3 and a half hours later!

Seeing the A6003 unwind beneath me and getting the succession of sweeping bends along it just right.
I don't have a picture of my own, but imagine this, sunlight glinting off the water whilst you're riding along and just about to tip it into an 80mph right hander...

Seeing the Peak District all around me, sometimes at quite a high speed, on the Slapper Meet earlier this year. Nice bikes, nice guys, nice roads and nice weather. A holy trinity +1!

These last two seem to have stuck in my head, the thing I remember is cresting a hill and then seeing the roads below me that I was about to ride, as well as the beautiful scenery. So I need to find more hills to make more memories like that.

Maybe one day...
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

That was a cracking day out.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

kiwikrasher wrote:You'll enjoy yourself Rossgo regardless, Perth is a great city. I may even be over that way ( do all my company training over there) and if I am we'll have to catch up for a beer or three
Always good meeting people from the forum so if we were able to cross paths that be fab. When I was in Perth last I had run out of spending money so all I saw really was the four walls of the hotel room oh and a very long walk back from the airport car hire place due to not getting a car spot at the hotel so just gave the car back! Probably the worst part of the trip so now is the opportunity to see and do a bit more [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Wazza
Thanks for the information I will keep my eyes peeled when out on the road. Just hoping everything goes to plan. Usually whenever I plan something, something wants to screw up so fingers crossed everything goes ok haha!!