Motorcyclists’ miles ahead of car drivers in road safety kno

The news and your views about biking
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Motorcyclists’ miles ahead of car drivers in road safety kno

Post by Kwacky »

http://gooddealerscheme.co.uk/motorcycl ... knowledge/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Re: Motorcyclists’ miles ahead of car drivers in road safety

Post by Deegee »

This doesn't surprise me one bit, I had to do a compulsory driving assessment and a voluntary winter driving course with the company I used to work for. There were only two bikers on the course, myself and the head salesman, we were the only ones to have done any further training beyond driving/riding lessons prior to test, skid pan and track experience (highly regarded btw), we both scored higher than anyone else on signage, roundabout etiquette and low temp/icy/snow conditions, it was really surprising and somewhat disturbing to out score my boss and the MD - probably why I was made redundant 6 months later. :D

On a similar line of reasoning, a friend did a single seater day at Brands years back, they were assessed during the day with a small meeting at the end of the day to see who was fastest, afterwards they asked people that also rode bikes to put their hands up, and the bikers were all toward the top of the group including two of the top three. Someone asked why they asked for the bikers to make themselves known and one of the instructors said that they'd found the fastest drivers generally seemed to do bikes as well as cars and they asked for their own curiosity, theory proved I think.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Along the same lines Deegee, a good friend of mine bought a new Mini Cooper S and got invited to a BMW Mini track day. She was a regularly track day rider and raced for a season on a 748.

She kicked all their butts and won a Mini trophy, apparently a few of the blokes in the group were rather bitter. The chick she got teamed up with reckoned it was the best fun she'd had in years!

The instructor asked what her track experience was, and she just said, "oh, I've been around here a few times before" :D
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Mac
Your Bike: '04 Triumph Daytona

Post by Mac »

Doesn't surprise me either, I've always said that being a motorcyclist makes me a better cage driver.
"When in doubt use full throttle. It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense ".
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Ha ha I read that and thought, yep! Then I thought the insurance companies should read this only to find out it was carried out by one of them.
Still they sting us for our insurance. Bloody crooks!
Only the other day I cancelled my insurance on the van to get stung for £70 for cancelling early :@ (swear)