New BMW S1000RR

The news and your views about biking
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

New BMW S1000RR

Post by Kwacky »

Nicked from Visordown:-

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-new ... 25554.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Changes to the firm’s flagship sports bike include engine tweaks and new suspension geometry for improved handling.

As well as giving it a performance boost - expected to be an extra five or six horses, taking it to about 200hp - BMW says it has improved user-friendliness in conditions such as ‘taking bends dynamically on country roads or proactive racing on the track’.

Does it really need any more power?
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Re: New BMW S1000RR

Post by Deegee »

Can someone explain to me what ‘taking bends dynamically' actually means? Sometimes the marketing speak is utter bollocks.

Anyway, it hasn't got a supercharger so it's rather passé Darling.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: New BMW S1000RR

Post by Frankie »

Ha ha if you don't know Dave who the hell is going to ha ha :)
I assume it's the trickery of the electronics and Abs, Tc, all to do with lean angles I would expect.

Or it could be taking bends on country roads where the bike uses skilful predictions in preparation for the the twat in his or her four by four coming around the bend in the opposite direction on your side of the road because they can't actually take the corner on their side of the road....... ( and breath) and the bike goes into flight mode and actually takes off to get us out of trouble. Ha ha ha ha