Triumph Thruxton Ace special edition unveiled

The news and your views about biking
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Re: Triumph Thruxton Ace special edition unveiled

Post by Deegee »

More "paintbrush overhauls" then Mr Triumph? A new model is exactly that - not an old one in different colours FYI.

Oh and MCN, you were only too happy to slag Triumph off a few years back to the point where they banned you from any of their press events, I see any journalistic principles you may have had were discarded in the rush to get your hypocritical faces back in the trough.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I like the Thruxton but it needs to look like a proper cafe racer which that doesn't.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Deegee wrote:More "paintbrush overhauls" then Mr Triumph? A new model is exactly that - not an old one in different colours FYI.

Oh and MCN, you were only too happy to slag Triumph off a few years back to the point where they banned you from any of their press events, I see any journalistic principles you may have had were discarded in the rush to get your hypocritical faces back in the trough.

To be fair, the artical says special edition. It says nothing about it being a new model. Not sure where you got new model from. The artical even says limited to 100. That would be pretty rubbish thing to do with a new model.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

D6 wrote:
Deegee wrote:More "paintbrush overhauls" then Mr Triumph? A new model is exactly that - not an old one in different colours FYI.

To be fair, the artical says special edition. It says nothing about it being a new model. Not sure where you got new model from. The artical even says limited to 100. That would be pretty rubbish thing to do with a new model.
Just caught me with my crabby head on I'm afraid D6, having seen the nonsense about "Spy shots" on that Street triple at Cadwell, another MCN/Triumph joint venture was just the straw that broke the camels back I'm afraid. Perfectly true about the press ban though, every week I got a fresh load of p*ss taking about buying an "unreliable" Triumph from my MCN reading mates, because MCN kept slagging Triumph off for alleged unreliability. Tbh that period of unfair press stills rankles.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Hhahaha, no probs. I get the banter of unreliable. Had it with the Daytona 600 and wiht the speed triple. Can be annoying, but I guess no more so than the banter I return when I say Honda's are dull and boring, or BMW's for old farts. Hahahaha.

Dunno if I am just lucky, but my Triumph's have been pretty solid. Especially as I abuse them, never clean them, ride all year. Go 4000miles past service intervals etc etc. My Daytona was pretty faultless right up until the point me and it went head on into another car.