She's dead!

The news and your views about biking
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: She's dead!

Post by Kwacky »

Nothing lasts forever. You've had your monies worth and she's done you proud.

Now come aboard the kwak club. You know you want to. Besides, I've already got loads of spare bling to sell you (devil)
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Monty wrote:Yeah not to mention the 500 trips to the post office! Might give that a go, cheers Blade
You have to give eBay 10% on smaller sales which would soon add up so might save some money selling in one advert as there is a Max charge/fee.

Plus removes a load of hassle and stress which is something a busy chap like you can always do avoiding.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Aww crap Monty.. sorry to hear that mate, especially since a replacement isn't likely for a bit. Being without a bike suxs believe me.

I know parting it out is a pain and your least fav option, but if you do, let me know what you've got to flog. Part of the deal with the missus with getting the ZX10R tracky was I agreed to keep the Daytona and not trade up once it's back on the road.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cornish
Your Bike: BMW RnineT

Post by Cornish »

Monty wrote:
duke63 wrote:New bike time? I'm sure Cornish would let you have that lovely 848 at mate's rates. :)
I'm not sure mates rates extend to £3.99!
Well as per your mail this morning buddy, sorry to hear the bad news, yet she has been abused like a lady of the night down at the docks when an aircraft carry comes to port, if you get my drift.

The offer is still there for using my bike, whatever tht maybe by the time of the crusade mate.

Re the 848, we do offer a Cornish payment plan, a free pasty with every £8k given... :-)
Carpe De Pasty

Veni - Vidi - Vici (I came, I saw, I Conquered)
Cornish

Post by Cornish »

Monty wrote:This might be an option, with 0% finance

http://www.motorcyclesdirect.co.uk/road ... zx-6r-636/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mate, JT loves his 636, having ridden it i can see why, you lads like a screamer so right up your street...:-) Clearly you'll need to get a new exhaust with it though!
Carpe De Pasty

Cornish

Post by Cornish »

Blade speaks good sense IF you're looking at an new one, go last years model, must be some hanging around in dealers still looking to off load buddy. They'll love you IF you take finance too.

Defo sell as a whole item mate, take off the bling kit, put the original stuff back on.

Then sell the bling buddy.

Aledgely I'm meant to be quite knowledgeable about selling bikes and all that...:-) LOL
Carpe De Pasty

Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Sounds good to me Cornish (y)

I think Kawasaki autorama have some 2013 bikes. Its pretty local as just down from Padgett's. In fact one of the Padgett brothers owns it.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Good excuse for a new one. What about a used naked of some sort. Plenty about for not too much.
Flow
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple R

She's dead!

Post by Flow »

C00kiemonster wrote:Good excuse for a new one. What about a used naked of some sort. Plenty about for not too much.
TUONO TUONO TUONO!!!
You'd have an absolute riot of fun around the peaks on a late V-twin Tuono believe me. And the confused look of walkers hearing the THUNDER on a sunny afternoon would be priceless :-)
Cornish

Post by Cornish »

C00kiemonster wrote:Good excuse for a new one. What about a used naked of some sort. Plenty about for not too much.
A naked is a good shout, consider where, what and how you ride, they've come on leaps and bounds on the performance and handling front and you don't have to go massive on the CC side stick to around what you've got.

Something like a Yamaha MT-09 for example, me likey those! 8)
Carpe De Pasty

D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

;( 'tis a sad day monty. But there is a time when you have to let a bike go. From what I've read on other forums I wouldn't part it out, like the RSV they are quite niche bikes so you would probably end up with a garage full of bits for quite some time (unless D41 fancies rebuilding his that is (wasntme) )

I agree with the comments on naked bikes. I reckon that if I was buying tomorrow that's where I would be looking, there is so much choice and so many good bikes out there. The only way you can ever decide is lots and lots of test rides ;)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Sorry the read this mate....
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Anyway, stop feeling sorry for yourself and get yourself a new bike in time for the August ride out.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

kiwikrasher wrote:Aww crap Monty.. sorry to hear that mate, especially since a replacement isn't likely for a bit. Being without a bike suxs believe me.

I know parting it out is a pain and your least fav option, but if you do, let me know what you've got to flog. Part of the deal with the missus with getting the ZX10R tracky was I agreed to keep the Daytona and not trade up once it's back on the road.
Cheers matey, ideally I'd love to see all the blingy bits go to you, Spud or Jack, but the economics (haven't got any money for a new bike) mean I need to find a willing sucker to pay over the odds. Couldn't do that to you guys.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

http://www.tankslap.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monty

Post by Monty »

New bike is a 12 month plan Kwacky, will be April next year if I'm lucky. No cash and to many other family/house related things to sort first, plus we need a holiday not had a proper one since 2011. We've both been working part time for the last 2 years with having the twins so big hole in the old bank account.

I'm going to become a test ride whore, plus maybe rent a bike for the odd weekend.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty

Post by Monty »

Flow wrote:
TUONO TUONO TUONO!!!
You'd have an absolute riot of fun around the peaks on a late V-twin Tuono believe me. And the confused look of walkers hearing the THUNDER on a sunny afternoon would be priceless :-)
Head says 636
Heart say RC8

Not ready for a naked yet, other than maybe a supermoto but don't think I could live with a 5L tank.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty

Post by Monty »

Cornish wrote:Defo sell as a whole item mate, take off the bling kit, put the original stuff back on.
I've either given away or broken all of the original stuff apart from the old shock and wheels. So it's either part it out or as Blade suggests sell the whole lot as a project.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Norfolknchance
Your Bike: Daytona 675 06

Post by Norfolknchance »

Go for the RC8 go on, you know you want to
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Monty wrote:
Flow wrote:
TUONO TUONO TUONO!!!
Head says 636
Heart say RC8

Not ready for a naked yet, other than maybe a supermoto but don't think I could live with a 5L tank.
RC8s are rubbish ;)