MotoGp Tickets

The news and your views about biking
Stew
Your Bike: GPZ900R and Z650 B3

MotoGp Tickets

Post by Stew »

Me and the mrs had a brill long weekend in Florence and Pisa last month and have decided to go back next year and do the Italian MotoGp at Mugello, thing is Ive never bought tickets for an overseas event before and wondering if anyone has and who you'd recommend ?
Cheers
Stew
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Re: MotoGp Tickets

Post by duke63 »

Should be easy enough to buy from the circuit when the date is announced.
Stew

Post by Stew »

duke63 wrote:Should be easy enough to buy from the circuit when the date is announced.
Yeah good point mate :)
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Stew we went to Mugello in 2006 and stayed in Florence for the week. Awesome event and much better than any uk race / event I have been too. More like a mental festival of motorcycling with world class racing as a bonus. If your staying a while don't forget the Ducati facotey tour. Only an hour on the train from Florence.

You can buy tickets direct from motogp.com

https://secure.motogp.com/en/Race+Tickets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have bought tickets from these people.

http://www.bookmoto.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stew

Post by Stew »

Cheers bud, I'm registered with motogp.com and saw the bookmoto.com website yesterday and it looked ok, just need the dates so we can a holiday around it :)
Blade

Post by Blade »

We had a great time. You can get a free bus up to the circuit from the centre of Florence everyday when motogp is on.
Ducati factory tour is best to book in advance but also free. If you need any info I could help with just drop me a pm always glad to help a slapper mate ;)
Stew

Post by Stew »

Thanks pal, I may well pick your brains, the plan atm is to fly into Pisa sat morning and jump a bus down to Florence sat afternoon, stay overnight, then get the bus to Mugello next day, then back that night and bus back up to Pisa Monday morning and hire a car from the airport and stop somewhere nice in Tuscany for the following week, just need the dates now so we can book hotels, flights etc btw the bus to the circuit was it from the main bus station by any chance ?
Blade

Post by Blade »

Yes got it from main bus station which is at the side of the train station. Be early though as popular.

As a suggestion maybe do motogp the second weekend and stay in Tuscany first. My logic is any flight delays or problems and your not risking missing the race. On that subject we flew into Florence which is obviously easier but its a very small airport with a very short runway which means in strong cross winds flights have to divert to Pisa so might be better going there as you suggest. This very problem happened to me a few months back when in Florence on business so does actually happen.

As I say pm for anything I can help with buddy.