Custom leathers

The news and your views about biking
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Custom leathers

Post by rocket »

Since I have got back into biking my leathers that used to fit me don't seem to fit me as well. They are ok just a bit restrictive in places. So I was generally browsing the Internet and came across a thread regarding a company making custom repsol leathers. Looking further into it I saw the company did Rossi , Hayden and quite a few other reps. The quality of the leathers looks good but I was still dubious then looked further and they seem to make quite a few leathers for racers. So I contacted the company and had a good chat with them and I have put an order in. I have designed a set of Max Biaggi leathers with some shuttle changes sent in my measurements all 20 odd and some lovely photos. So fingers crossed in 6-7 weeks time I'll Have a decent set of leathers that fit.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Custom leathers

Post by Kwacky »

Name? Link? Cost?
rocket

Post by rocket »

For a custom set of leather made to measure $650 which works out at just under £400.

https://www.facebook.com/janman.shop
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

I had a bad experience with some custom leathers but it was a long time ago now.

Sent off all the measurements, went down for a fitting before being machined properly so you'd think they couldn't get it wrong.

They sent them through the post a couple of weeks later and the trousers were ok but the jacket was way too small. I complained and they told me that they always get tighter when machined the final time, which I knew but they went about 2 sizes too small

I couldn't even get it on to try and stretch it,

I hope your swill be Ok, thankfully now there is a wide selection of ladies fit available but they still haven't cured the saggy arse I always seem to end up with
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
rocket

Post by rocket »

I hope so too I know it's a bit of a gamble what I chosen but fingers
bb41

Post by bb41 »

My mistake was not taking a picture at the final fitting to make sure the last seaming was going to be OK, then I could've had before and after.

The quality of the product was good but these were hand finished and I think whoever it was had a hangover
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

My custom leathers have been great, they fitted well first time, are top quality and have proven themselves after a 80mph track crash. I got them fixed and they're still my road leathers now 10yrs later.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

At those prices it's something i might consider in the autumn.
rocket

Post by rocket »

That's why I punted for it kwacky is worth a bit of a risk at that money .

With regards to off the Peg I don't think they have ever fitted snug either to big or to tight and it's always a compromise for me. I must be odly shaped
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

rocket wrote:That's why I punted for it kwacky is worth a bit of a risk at that money .

With regards to off the Peg I don't think they have ever fitted snug either to big or to tight and it's always a compromise for me. I must be odly shaped
the only leathers i could get to fit were BKS and they arent perfect
bb41

Post by bb41 »

Try being female and a weird shape like me, 32inch leg, size 6 bottoms, top has to have a minimum of a size 10 as my arms are so long anything smaller and the arms would end at the elbow, unfortunately far too big elsewhere

It's not my fault I didn't quite evolve from the apes and still drag my knuckles :(

I have bought a Held jacket which is so much better but the price was steep and Dainese bottoms are good as well