Trackdays - Moving on up

The news and your views about biking
Rob
Your Bike: Daytona 650, Kawasaki ZX10r

Trackdays - Moving on up

Post by Rob »

Following on from my post in the Photos & Videos forum I thought I would start this off here to canvass opinions for those of you who have done a few trackdays.

Stepping from Novice to Inters is quite a big leap in capabilities on track. I have already been on track with the inters, and have watched them many times. You get some very quick riders in there (along with some not so quick riders). I have no concerns about going out in Inters at circuits that I have ridden before but when it comes to new circuits I am always somewhat apprehensive as to booking in the inters. But I am also aware that being in Novice's when you can ride at a reasonably quick pace is no fun for me or the other riders in the group.

I am looking at booking cadwell, what would your thoughts be on booking into the inters? It is quite a difficult and tight circuit (from what I have heard). Would I find myself out of my depth?
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Re: Trackdays - Moving on up

Post by kingfixer »

Rob,

having never done cadwell I can't comment, but if your in either novices or inters and you are finding one too slow or fast etc you can always ask to be moved to a different group. In my experience I always find inters to be quite fast but then I have done most of my TD's at Silverstone which is a fast track.
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul
Your Bike: Honda CBR600rr / Aprillia RSV Mille

Post by Paul »

Cadwell is a fairly complex circuit but my advice would be to go with Inters

Learning to ride quicker works much better when your surrounded by quicker riders, as opposed to the slower

You'll learn the circuit in the first couple of sessions and then you'll be more than happy
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I'm glad you posted this. I was thinking about Novices as I don't know the circuit, having last ridden it about 14 years ago. They've thrown in a chicane since then, I'm track rusty and on my own road bike.

Hmmm.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Me and Kwacky were talking about this at mallory ,10 year ago inters was known as the crashing group.At Mallory it was full of serious track bikes and looked quite sane.Cadwell is quite a technical and difficult track to learn but I suggest you move up a group and get pulled along by the faster riders..Kwacky you are far to fast for novice :)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I'll wobble about in inters then.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hold fire!! Just went online to book and it looks that Inters is fully booked. WIll give them a call
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Ive just looked on the no limit site out of curiosity and for me it showed inters as fully booked? I was looking at the price and wondering if I could manage the trip up and back after a day in the novices lol might be a bit far for me atm
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Rob

Post by Rob »

Cavetroll87 wrote:Ive just looked on the no limit site out of curiosity and for me it showed inters as fully booked? I was looking at the price and wondering if I could manage the trip up and back after a day in the novices lol might be a bit far for me atm

I have booked in Novices |(

I am definitley not fast group calibre and Inters was fully booked.

Cavetroll, I will be hiring a van and driving up Saturday evening then coming back sunday evening.

If you fancied it, you are more than welcome to jump in the van for the journey.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Novices it is then :D
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Cheers Rob Ill have a think, I have a feeling my tack time may be limited more towards August/September time this year
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Paul
Your Bike: Honda CBR600rr / Aprillia RSV Mille

Post by Paul »

Watch out, some toothless Scottish bloke will try an charge you £10 to camp an the circuit
Cheeky bugger
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Inters is the way to go if you want to learn to be quicker.

Nothing helps more than following and watching quicker riders.