Hydration packs

The news and your views about biking
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Hydration packs

Post by duke63 »

Anyone ever used one on their bike?

I'm not very good at stopping for a drink which is not a good idea really as i always end up getting home with a headache through lack of hydration.

So i am looking at one of these Kriega ones which will fit inside my R15 Kriega backpack. I can also use it on the mountain bike too if i ever manage to get back out often enough on it.

http://www.kriega.com/3l-reservoir-tube/
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Re: Hydration packs

Post by Bratty »

They look good but a bit too much faffing for me I'd rather get a drink when I stop for fuel.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Yup I use one fairly regularly, but not on a motorcycle, normally either when I'm hiking or on the MTB.
I've got Camelbaks 1L and 3L packs, they work well but need a regular clean out/sterilisation or you pop them in the freezer in between rides to keep the bugs at bay. Not sure I'd take one with me on a Rideout, but if you don't stop regularly and need something on board I'd be looking at either the ones that fit in some race humps, or something very slimline that has a waist and chest strap to stop the wind getting between the bag and your back.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

I'd get the Krega one as the one I've got isn't reversible for cleaning. If you don't use them frequently they get very stale.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

I got mine from decathlon for about a fiver a few years back. really good quality but I don't know what they go for now since they moved decathlon from merry hill I haven't been. but for under a tenner it's worth a punt to try it out.
Just had a look, mine must have been in the sale, they are at £16.99 now but here is the link anyway: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/water-pouch- ... 00161.html they also come in black.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

R34PER wrote:I got mine from decathlon for about a fiver a few years back. really good quality but I don't know what they go for now since they moved decathlon from merry hill I haven't been. but for under a tenner it's worth a punt to try it out.
Just had a look, mine must have been in the sale, they are at £16.99 now but here is the link anyway: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/water-pouch- ... 00161.html they also come in black.
Decathlon stuff is very good. I used a fair amount of decathlon stuff on my Everest trip last year, plus a camelback for drinkies. The key thing is when you've used it. Clean it well and don't leave it wet and stored away as things may grow in it. I usually have some sterilising tablets and I soak it overnight full of sterile water before use. Especially over the winter when your not using it.