Brake Sysem upgrades

The news and your views about biking
R1ckster
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC

Brake Sysem upgrades

Post by R1ckster »

Hey up chaps...

Just having an overhaul... not really required as despite 60k miles on original stuff all seems tight still. But anyway decided to splash.

I have bought some HEL Lines and Evotech Levers. And just looking at brak discs. Am kind of ruling out disc sets for 120 quid because it just doesnt sound safe? I have been looking at EBC X and XC range £265 pair, Brembo ££400 pair, Armstrong £260 pair and finally Viper Braking at £230 pair.

The Viper price wise look ideal compromise.. but the question is anyone heard of them and also would I notice any benefit from OEM discs?

Cheers
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Brake Sysem upgrades

Post by Kwacky »

Armstrong are getting decent reviews.

EBC discs are very good. The pads might be a bit hard but the discs are very high spec.

I've never heard of Viper. A quick google seems to show mixed reviews.
R1ckster

Post by R1ckster »

Cheers yes I see what you mean. The thing with the EBC am not overly keen on the gold centres... but I guess its the brake what matters at the end of the day :) Will give some more thought on it. Im guessing Levers and Lines and Pads should already give noticeble effect.

I have a list below of all stuff I want to refresh. But Dont just want to pay someone to do it. And prefer to Pay someone but show me at the same time so I learn. Given my level of mileage and use it be more beneficial to carry this stuff out myself. Know any trust worth mechanic that fancy some tax free cash for a days work to change some of the more difficult ones below

Cam chain xx
Cam chain guide xx
Cam chain tensioners xx
Complete clutch and basket xx
New Clutch cover Gasket xx
EBC Clutch plate kit xx
Clutch cable xx
Chain & Sprockets Set xx
Cushion drives
Front wheel bearings
Rear Wheel Bearings
HEL S/S brake lines
Evotech Levers
K&N Oil and Air filters
Valve clearance check xx
New coolant hoses xx
New oil cooler xx
New bar ends
New 2.0 bar rad cap
headstock bearings kit xx
Right switch gear
Left switch gear
Diamond Racing Rear Sets
Brake discs
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

That'll be cheap :)

The Evotech levers are good but have a look at Lightech - I've got these on the kwak and they're excellent value and quality http://www.reactiveparts.com/lightech-y ... 2948-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ask Pitty to see if he can get you a discount on the hoses.

It migh tbe worth giving Tony at Parkitt Racing a call - 07956 536 975 They've always got loads of Yam spares from their race bikes and they sell a lot of new stuff as well, including the rearsets you're after. http://parkittracing.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
R1ckster

Post by R1ckster »

Kwacky wrote:That'll be cheap :)

The Evotech levers are good but have a look at Lightech - I've got these on the kwak and they're excellent value and quality http://www.reactiveparts.com/lightech-y ... 2948-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ask Pitty to see if he can get you a discount on the hoses.

It migh tbe worth giving Tony at Parkitt Racing a call - 07956 536 975 They've always got loads of Yam spares from their race bikes and they sell a lot of new stuff as well, including the rearsets you're after. http://parkittracing.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for that info appreciated... and yes know what you mean by "Cheap"...... now have a bike with no money in the pocket. I failed to mention I have all of it already apart from hoses and discs. (I should have asked earlier!!) thanks though.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

I bought EBC wavy disks for my rc8 last year. Not cheap but very pleased with them.