Caught Speeding.... bugger.

The news and your views about biking
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Caught Speeding.... bugger.

Post by D6 »

Been caught speeding, but now I'm worried I may get more letters....

There's road works on the A5. It is normally a 50mph limit. During the road works they have dropped the limit to 40mph. right at the point where there's a speed camera. This is about half a mile to a mile before the actual road works.

I've been going through at around 50mph. I know I am speeding, but I really didn't expect the fixed camera's to have been adjusted. Very stupid I know.

Just got a letter for 46mph in a 40mph temporary limit.

Date of offence, 16th May. (a week ago).

I am no worried that for a whole week I have been passing through at somewhere between indicated 44 and 48mph.

To make matters worse there's also a camera the otherside of the road that I go through on the way home, also in the temporary limit area.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
D6

Re: Caught Speeding.... bugger.

Post by D6 »

So I have a potential 10 letters due with minimum 3pts each. 30pts?!??!!?!?!?!!??!
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

ah man that well and truly sucks, hopefully its not that bad but its horrible waiting and not knowing, fingers crossed for ya mate, seems a bit harsh if thats the case IMO
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

if you've been done for the same offence a number of times it is possible to ask for them all to be dealt with at the same time. I have no idea how the request would be deatl with.

I would wait first to see if you get any more.
D6

Post by D6 »

I know I am to blame, but yeah I was kind of hoping there was an option where I can say I am an idiot and didn't realise. And had I received a letter or warning straight away it would have stopped the others.

I know I've got no-one else to blame, just trying to get it reduced. to at most 3 points.

The letter does say I may get the option for a speed awareness thing - but what If I get more letters.

I am wracking my brain now to think how I've been going through the camera's each time. Normally I am on the cross hatching in the middle of the road too and not passing over the speeding lines.
D6

Post by D6 »

Kwacky wrote:if you've been done for the same offence a number of times it is possible to ask for them all to be dealt with at the same time. I have no idea how the request would be deatl with.

I would wait first to see if you get any more.
I've just asked this on a speeding forum, and the first person back has said I can't for my offence. Will wait for more answers.

I'm screwed if I get 4 or more tickets, as I can't get to work without transport. There's no public transport option, and it is over 30 miles and google say a 3hour cycle journey each way. (just checked)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Ah crap. That's not good news.

Still, there's not much you can do at present but wait.
D6

Post by D6 »

Here's on of the replies I suspect is from a copper (due to his name being srgtdixie)

You will have to wait 14 days from the last possible date before you know for sure.

You can't argue they are a single continuing offence as they are not and it wasn't even a mistake. You quite deliberately drove at excess speed but thought you would get away with it.

Are you sure the cameras are not average speed. They tend to be used for road works as they want drivers to drive at the slower limit not just slow for a camera and then drive like a ****.

If you do get multiple NIP's then you are into exceptional hardship territory. The fact you could lose your job won't concern the bench; it is how it affects other people they want to know about.

Your biggest problem will be if the cases are heard at different times. You can only use an exceptional hardship argument once in every 3 years. So if you did get 12 points and were successful you would have to have a new argument for the next time.

If you could persuade them to hear them all at once however you would only have to use 1 argument, but that becomes harder if the bench consider you an habitual speeder.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

What cameras are they? The average speed ones are normally forward facing so as a biker you should be alright.
D6

Post by D6 »

Normal fixed camera's. It was why i was surprised they have been adjusted.

I'd been going through them for 2 weeks before this, but who knows when they adjusted the speed setting in the camera
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

GATSO with the flash?

Haven't you noticed any of the flashes?
D6

Post by D6 »

No, but it's daylight (sun normally in face) and in my mirrors are just elbows.
D6

Post by D6 »

I am normally 'filtering' past the cars on the central hatching too. I'm wondering if it doesn't normally get you on that (as it doesn't going the other way) but on this occassion I was in the lane fully

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.55999 ... CvelAg!2e0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

i'll give you the cost of your fines for your bike :)
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Really sorry I know what your going through when I was 19 and a bit stupid I got caught going through red light on works traffic. copper was on other side queuing and jumped out on me and said I'm having you when really he did not see me going through a red light but I thought oh we'll it's only 3 points. Then 2 weeks later I got done 2 times on the same day on the same road 20 mins apart by 2 counties. I had 10 points on my lic and it was hard insuring anything.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Gutted to hear this D.

Best advice I could offer after reading sgtdixie reply is wait and see how many if anymore you get.

If you get offered speed awareness course accept. If you get another standard NIP and offered a speed awareness course accept that also. Don't ask for them to be grouped seems unlikely from sgtdixie comments would be of any help. Best option is hope the automated system allows you to accept multiple awareness courses.

If it doesn't and your facing multiple fines / points get the best professional advice you can from a solicitor with a proven track record in this specific area.

Good luck mate.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Bummer.
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Shite news dude hope it's not bad.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

When is the 14 days up ?
Ballpien
Your Bike:

Post by Ballpien »

Blade wrote:Gutted to hear this D.

Best advice I could offer after reading sgtdixie reply is wait and see how many if anymore you get.

If you get offered speed awareness course accept. If you get another standard NIP and offered a speed awareness course accept that also. Don't ask for them to be grouped seems unlikely from sgtdixie comments would be of any help. Best option is hope the automated system allows you to accept multiple awareness courses.

If it doesn't and your facing multiple fines / points get the best professional advice you can from a solicitor with a proven track record in this specific area.

Good luck mate.

You can only get offered/accept one SAC every 3 years

A visit to http://www.pepipoo.com/ may help