Mallory Park

The news and your views about biking
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Mallory Park

Post by Kwacky »

http://moderngov.hinckley-bosworth.gov. ... 20Park.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's still rumbling on. This is a report looking at the complaints. Most of it isn't relevant so I thought I would give you an outline of the stuff that's important for us as race lovers and track day riders.

In brief: Titan Properties own the park, after Mallory Park Motorsport Limited went bump (MPML), Titan leased the park out to Real Motorsport Limited (RML)

RML have agreed to reduce the number of events at Mallory Park and have circulated a calendar to local residents. There will be at least one noise free weekend each month.

RML are monitoring noise levels and carrying out tests to see which parts of the circuit are causing problems for residents.

The last 3 years of noise are not acceptable so there has to be an improvement. That said, RML seem to be very keen to take into account those living near to the circuit so things have already improved.

MPML had 166 days a year of activity. The previous order in place limited it to 92 days. Local residents do not want it going back up to 166 days but RML say that 92 days makes it commercially unviable. Most of the complaints are about constant use of the circuit throughout a weekend. The proposal is for no more than 7 full weekends in a year and 1 weekend a month to be noise free. There be no 3 day events over a weekend (friday-sunday or saturday-monday)

To respond to the representations of RML, Members may wish to consider one of three options, all of which retain 92 days as the allowable level of activity within the Notice:

• Suspend the serving of a Notice for (say) two months, to enable fuller measurement and track modifications to take place.

• Serve the Notice immediately, with a commitment to review activity after three months’ – the end of July 2014 – with the potential to serve a revised Notice immediately on completion of the review;

• Serve the Notice immediately with a time limit to the end of December 2014, with a view to reserving it unchanged, unless improvements in the impact from activities are made which justify amendments in favour of RML, resulting in the serving of a new Notice for 2015 onwards.

The last option is the one recommended to Members for adoption
Rob
Your Bike: Daytona 650, Kawasaki ZX10r

Re: Mallory Park

Post by Rob »

Not sure if this will go down well, but I can understand where the residents are coming from :x
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

What's clear is that the previous organisers were taking the piss. The last 3 years saw an increase in activity way beyond what was agreed. I know there's the "dont' move to a race track" argument but a lot of people living there have been there for years. I wouldn't want a full race weekend each and every weekend during summer.

I get the impression that the residents want Mallory to remain open.

RML seem to be heading in the right direction. Hopefully things can be sorted out.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

There had to be give and take on both sides and it look like it's moving in that direction
I hope it stays open I love watching bsb there and also it's great for track days
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

RML are going to propose doing 115 days.