Nutz's BMW S1000XR

Love your bike or working on a project, post up a thread here and share with the forum
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: Nutz's BMW S1000XR

Post by D6Nutz »

Frankie wrote:Thats the Motorrad dealership net work mate... 8)
(nod) I think this is one of those occasions where you deffo get what you pay for.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Frankie the biggest problem for me with BMW is that they're are like the Crossfit or Vegan of the biking world... everyone who does it tells everyone about it. I still have an image of BMW owners as being those who blindly buy the latest iPhone because it's new and must be better.

I know, I know... it's just my view on this and I understand the reason everyone loves BMW is because they produce quality units. If anyone told me any other brand was better than the S1000RR I wouldn't believe them that's for sure.

Who knows, I may get myself to Cotswold BMW for a test ride at some point and try to change my own opinion of them (y)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Cav wrote:the Crossfit or Vegan of the biking world..

(rolf) (y) That's funny. I get what you're saying . They're a upper-middle-class bike & half the guys who ride them are named Rupert or Dudley.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

So she's back and working again (party) just in time for the rain to start again (dull) at least I know to TC is working properly (blush)

The wheel hasn't been sorted yet, it wasn't the time for that battle.

It was the oddest sensation getting back on her. This sounds like the daftest thing ever, but after the GS the XR feels very compact.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

I've lost track on exactly what's been replaced, but basically all the suspension and associated computers and the full wiring loom.

Along with putting 2k miles on their 5 series and another 2k on a brand new GS 850, I think I've had my monies with it of the warranty so far.

Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

D6Nutz wrote:So she's back and working again (party) just in time for the rain to start again (dull) at least I know to TC is working properly (blush)

It was the oddest sensation getting back on her. This sounds like the daftest thing ever, but after the GS the XR feels very compact.

Good news you have your bike back Nutz and I bet your glad.

Got to ask the stupid question though (facepalm) how are you riding it, if the wheel hasn't been sorted yet (wasntme)
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Blade wrote:
D6Nutz wrote:So she's back and working again (party) just in time for the rain to start again (dull) at least I know to TC is working properly (blush)

Good news you have your bike back Nutz and I bet your glad.

Got to ask the stupid question though (facepalm) how are you riding it, if the wheel hasn't been sorted yet (wasntme)
I've been taking lessons from Frankie (bandit)

Blade

Post by Blade »

Haha (giggle) if your doing 200 mile commutes on one wheel, I'm pretty sure it's you teaching Frankie and everyone else (lol)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Nutz glad to hear you have it back now. What's wrong with the wheel again? Glad Beemer made the decision to change it all, peace of mind

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Just been out for a good blast, I can't wait for summer already. It's just wrong how much fun the XR is, it's almost as wrong how well it goes round corners.

Blade

Post by Blade »

I guess it's better with round wheels then (giggle) (y)
Ash
Your Bike: S1000R

Post by Ash »

I am just contemplating swapping my wife's Suzuki for one of these, in the same colour as well, I have the S1000R and i think they would complement each other.
I went to the Pyrenees in mid September on my BM and one of the party had an XR that was pretty quick and agile, BMW are good with customer service, after a hiccup with my bike I got the first service for free, so I have no complaints.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Ash wrote:I am just contemplating swapping my wife's Suzuki for one of these, in the same colour as well, I have the S1000R and i think they would complement each other.
I went to the Pyrenees in mid September on my BM and one of the party had an XR that was pretty quick and agile, BMW are good with customer service, after a hiccup with my bike I got the first service for free, so I have no complaints.
It's a cracking bike, I'd be very surprised if you where disappointed. It's basically the same engine and electronics package as your R, just in a different setup. It is quite a tall bike though, so it's worth making sure you wife is comfortable with the height. You can get factory lowered bikes and there are a couple of seat options too.

I'm really happy with mine so far, and as you say, you can't fault the after sale care from BMW.

D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

This weekend has been mainly winter prep for the bike.

She's had a really good wash, and a decent coating of ACF50. I've wiped off the excess from most parts of the bike except the engine and exhaust... It's going to be a smokey first start Image

The chain and sprockets have also had a good clean and lube, and adjusted as it was well slack.

As I've not got a garage I've just bought a popup gazebo so I can keep on top of the maintenance as the weather worsens.

ImageImage

duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Looking good, Nutz. Enjoy.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I cant remember now but did it come with any luggage? I notice you have a rack and the frames for panniers.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Tbh I thought you had a garage Nutz. Is the gazebo something you can leave up to avoid the hassle of erecting and dismantling? Sounds a good option and provides you and the bike some shelter.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

duke63 wrote:I cant remember now but did it come with any luggage? I notice you have a rack and the frames for panniers.
No, but I've added a givi v46. Essential for commuting IMO.

I would like to get some panniers at some point as it would be easier when I want to leave all the bike gear with the bike. Now I have to rely on people to lend me their car boot when I go running.

D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Blade wrote:Tbh I thought you had a garage Nutz. Is the gazebo something you can leave up to avoid the hassle of erecting and dismantling? Sounds a good option and provides you and the bike some shelter.
I used to have a large shed at the last house but not here.

I won't be able to leave the gazebo up, but it is a popup one so will be really quick to put up. I'm hoping at some point to replace the side gate so I can get the bike into the garden, then I can keep it covered more.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Sorry pal it was the shed / office you had I was thinking off.

If you can get it round the back would a shed / office be an option again? Or even better a workshop like Cav built ?