Hjc Rpha 11

Reviews and recommendations of bike services and products you have had experiences with, both good and bad
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Hjc Rpha 11

Post by rocket »

Purchased a New helmet HJC Rpha 11. Thought i would stick a little review up over time and see how i go on with the new lid. First impressions only wore it in the shop and round the house however it seems well lined inside with the material feeling quite plush. I have heard a lot of people struggle with the fit and they have to go a size bigger than normal but for me a medium which is what i usually am was spot on. The fit is tight but theirs no pressure points just a secure feeling. The visor change system is easy to use and the vents seem easy to access when the helmet is on.
First impressions are very good. It came with 2 visors a clear a smoked and a pin lock.
I will stick up a review after i have rode in it a bit on the road and then when im on track.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Re: Hjc Rpha 11

Post by DaytonAndy »

Really nice that mate. (y)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

rocket

Post by rocket »

Lol colour did not mater the only medium they had at £140 not fussed what colour it was.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

At that price I don't blame you
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

£140 thats a bloody steal! I have the RPHA 11 as well and its a fantastic lid in my opinion. Sure you will love it when you get to use it. Great purchase

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
rocket

Post by rocket »

Had a couple of rides in this helmet which were a couple of hours each. Using the tinted visor which has the pin lock insert. Compared to my other helmets an aria chaser and a bell mx5 it feels very light. However it is spacious inside. Most helmets I struggle with space my chin is very close to the chin bar touching in some cases but not in the hjc I have ample room. Vision in my bell helmet is limited I never really noticed until i first tried the Aria it was a bit of a shock how limiting the bell was. However the hjc is on another level with a huge range of vision only noticing the top of the visor when i have my head on the tank and I'm tucked in to the bike.
Negatives are the noise. Its very noisy and for the first time I'm considering wearing ear plugs. Usually i don't mind the noise but i think with all the air flowing in this helmet it just to much for me to stand. The other negative for me is the visor lift tab being in the middle I'm so used to it being on the left I'm sometimes fumbling trying to find it when coming in to a village or a town . I'm hoping this is just me and after a bit more time using the helmet it will be second nature. So far I'm Very impressed and I can forgive the negatives with the other improvements over my existing helmets being so highly exceeded.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Both of my HJC are noisy.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Glad you like it HJC has clearly worked hard to get it right! Just a shame about the noise, personally always use plugs sk doesnt bother me all that much!

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Also personally find the visors lock a bit stiff. Its not something that just csn be clicked down quickly, i find i have to hold my chin and lock it down really tightly and even then sometimes it doesnt click into place haha. What do you think?

rocket

Post by rocket »

Rossgo wrote:Also personally find the visors lock a bit stiff. Its not something that just csn be clicked down quickly, i find i have to hold my chin and lock it down really tightly and even then sometimes it doesnt click into place haha. What do you think?

My visor lock is not stiff at all its quite a light action.

rode with ear plugs in today. Its weird not being able to hear the bike i usually never look at the rev counter as i can hear when to change up but i was constantly double checking if i needed to up shift today.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

rocket wrote:
Rossgo wrote:Also personally find the visors lock a bit stiff. Its not something that just csn be clicked down quickly, i find i have to hold my chin and lock it down really tightly and even then sometimes it doesnt click into place haha. What do you think?

My visor lock is not stiff at all its quite a light action.

rode with ear plugs in today. Its weird not being able to hear the bike i usually never look at the rev counter as i can hear when to change up but i was constantly double checking if i needed to up shift today.
Im surprised at that. Mine certainly isnt, its bloody annoying to be honest, unless i just havent got the knack of it yet lol!

Regarding ear plugs, its good you are using them it will save your ears in the long run!

rocket

Post by rocket »

Used this a few more times. On and off track.

So the positives are pretty much. Lightness. Padding quality inside the helmet. The air flow round the helmet. I used it on a hot day round Silverstone and my head was hot and sweaty but the helmet never felt wet or uncomfortable.

Negatives.
The second day at Silverstone was cold and foggy and the visor did mist slightly and it had a pin lock in it. I did not clean the visor before I wore the helemet and it did not dog on the second season after I cleaned it so will keep an eye on that.

Again the noise. I can put up with it on the a roads twistys etc. But I got the motor way last night and wanted to get home. Even with this I was fighting my self with pulling in and putting ear plugs in as the noise was horrible. I don't enjoy wearing ear plugs as I don't like the sensation you get but if I know there's a dual carriageway or motorway a head of me I will put them in.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Rocket unsure what ear plugs you use but maybr its worth picking up some custom made ones. Regardless of helmet it will save your hearing for later on in life!

rocket

Post by rocket »

I have a 6 year old ..... Not sure I want my hearing
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

rocket wrote:I have a 6 year old ..... Not sure I want my hearing
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18kqcczy6MQ[/video]
Monty™© MCMLXXII