Removing Akrapovic Exhaust and H&M Quick-shifter - RC8

Repairs, modifications, bling and tings
Cornish
Your Bike: BMW RnineT

Removing Akrapovic Exhaust and H&M Quick-shifter - RC8

Post by Cornish »

Morning peeps! So, you may recall my other post about maybe selling the RC8 due to the costs of a house extension, well, if i can off load the exhaust and quick-shifter i may not have to, so I've decided to remove them and sell both items.

I'm going to speak to the original owner as he is local, although he personally didn't do the bits, i think he did mention something about the exhaust and the metal caps, so he might be able to help out. I will also try and get some photos up on the areas I'm not sure on.

Before that though, your help is needed please, i appreciate i will be looking up on the relevant websites for information, yet thought i would pick the brains of the Tankslappers first! (allhail)

Akrapovic Exhaust
Clearly I've swapped over a few in my time, yet there seem to be some sensors, metal caps on the outside of the front cylinder front and left etc. so has anyone removed one of these from an RC8 before?

I have the original exhaust to re-fit to the bike, so any advice on that front also please?

H&M Quick-shifter
I've never installed or removed one before so any advice would be helpful as there will be some wiring to take off etc.

Thanks guys and girls, Cornish

Ps. Yes Kwacky, they'll both be going on the Marketplace section when done... 8)
Carpe De Pasty

Veni - Vidi - Vici (I came, I saw, I Conquered)
Godzilla
Your Bike:

Re: Removing Akrapovic Exhaust and H&M Quick-shifter - RC8

Post by Godzilla »

Have you searched the Akrapovic website, they usually have instructions on how to install their systems on place of OE ones, so it would be more or less a process of working through it in reverse.
Cornish

Post by Cornish »

Godzilla wrote:Have you searched the Akrapovic website, they usually have instructions on how to install their systems on place of OE ones, so it would be more or less a process of working through it in reverse.
Very good idea I'll check both sites. Thanks
Carpe De Pasty

Cornish

Post by Cornish »

Found the instructions for the exhaust so I'll be needing my mate to help out for that. Also the quickshifter looks simple enough too. Next Sunday will be a busy day.
Carpe De Pasty

Cornish

Post by Cornish »

Just seeking opinions, what do you reckon I'd get for the exhaust and then the quickshifter?

I'm not going to bother to do the quickshifter if I'd only get £150 as I love it too much!
Carpe De Pasty

C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Cornish wrote:Just seeking opinions, what do you reckon I'd get for the exhaust and then the quickshifter?

I'm not going to bother to do the quickshifter if I'd only get £150 as I love it too much!
Does it fit to the coils or to a power commander?
Cornish

Post by Cornish »

Coils not the the PC version buddy
Carpe De Pasty

Cornish

Post by Cornish »

What do you reckon on the exhaust s/h price CookieMonster?
Carpe De Pasty

C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Cornish wrote:What do you reckon on the exhaust s/h price CookieMonster?
In good condition - quite a lot sadly. I'd have it off you for £200 but then I'd be ripping you off :D

If the packing in it is good (some of them blow) due to the mighty twin power :) and it isn't scratched to buggery on the bottom I'd be asking well over a grand. Their titanium so the metal alone is worth a load.

Do you know what model it is as some are the race kit exhaust, some the road kit exhausts.? The road ones seem to sell better and easier as the race ones don't have any baffles. People still struggle to do trackdays with the exhaust. I've heard that some tracks reject the standard can on the track as it's still loud. Depends how and what angle it's noise tested from.

A lot of it depends on condition but there are not many about so don't sell it for silly offers. If you don't sell it first time, it will sell. It's a lot of money for an exhaust, but if someone really wants one, it's the only one to have. There are 2 or 3 alternative brands but nobody you'd know as a big manufacturer, so they won't have looked at gas flows and back pressure very much. It will just be a big box and pipes that makes too much noise :P
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Cornish wrote:Coils not the the PC version buddy

Coil version - I'd have a look at the Hm website and then take 20% off a new price buddy. Very popular items and one of the only makes I would buy.

I had one and it was only the PC version. That was good, but the coils version is way better and more configurable.
Cornish

Post by Cornish »

C00kiemonster wrote:
Cornish wrote:What do you reckon on the exhaust s/h price CookieMonster?
In good condition - quite a lot sadly. I'd have it off you for £200 but then I'd be ripping you off :D

If the packing in it is good (some of them blow) due to the mighty twin power :) and it isn't scratched to buggery on the bottom I'd be asking well over a grand. Their titanium so the metal alone is worth a load.

Do you know what model it is as some are the race kit exhaust, some the road kit exhausts.? The road ones seem to sell better and easier as the race ones don't have any baffles. People still struggle to do trackdays with the exhaust. I've heard that some tracks reject the standard can on the track as it's still loud. Depends how and what angle it's noise tested from.

A lot of it depends on condition but there are not many about so don't sell it for silly offers. If you don't sell it first time, it will sell. It's a lot of money for an exhaust, but if someone really wants one, it's the only one to have. There are 2 or 3 alternative brands but nobody you'd know as a big manufacturer, so they won't have looked at gas flows and back pressure very much. It will just be a big box and pipes that makes too much noise :P
I'd love to sell to you sir, yet.... 8)

Thanks for the advice on this, it's the road going version with the removable baffle, looks in great condition as the bikes on done 7k miles in 6 years! I'm going to get out the original exhaust box and have a look through things at the weekend as I've got the instructions etc. I agree its an awesome bit of kit yet I've not taken it on track yet, however i would imagine that it would be on the limit of noise testing too.

Thanks for advice on this buddy! You Da Man (bear)
Carpe De Pasty

Cornish

Post by Cornish »

C00kiemonster wrote:
Cornish wrote:Coils not the the PC version buddy

Coil version - I'd have a look at the HM website and then take 20% off a new price buddy. Very popular items and one of the only makes I would buy.

I had one and it was only the PC version. That was good, but the coils version is way better and more configurable.
Thanks again for the advice, its a hard one to pitch at as it's second hand, yet like you say it's top of the range version to have, so having a look they're going at around £375 new, so i think I'll pitch it around £300.00.

Saying that i bloody love it, so i may do the exhaust S/H first and see if i can retain the quick-shifter as they're like Pringle's, once you pop, you cant stop

Cheers again C00kiemonster! (y)
Carpe De Pasty

C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

No probs fella. Both great bits of kits them 8)