Crash protection

Repairs, modifications, bling and tings
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Re: Crash protection

Post by Monty »

The BikeTEK ones, just wanted to see where they bolted to and how long they stuck out. But forget it, look at the size of the bolts compared to the metal bracket. It's just going to bend the bolt in a crash.

Recon as said above by our experienced crashers, it's two bolts or nothing.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

They would bend at the bolt Monty and that would damage your frame. Your doing right to avoid imo.

I'm happy with the evotech and would recommend. If you want 10% off mention 1000rr.co. uk
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Blade wrote:They would bend at the bolt Monty and that would damage your frame. Your doing right to avoid imo.

I'm happy with the evotech and would recommend. If you want 10% off mention 1000rr.co. uk
They don't seem to do them for my year of bike, otherwise I would have ordered them with the Evotech bobbins, tail tidy and hanger.

10% you say, bu66er!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

They don't look strong enough to bend the frame. They don't look strong enough for anything.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Monty 10% is the bare minimum greater than 50% off is the regular starting point ;)

Give them a call and back date it (lol)
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

DaytonAndy wrote:Thanks for the info Deegee. Forgive my ignorance but what is this air tube protector? I've seen this:
http://www.sesraceproducts.com/triumph- ... -229-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is that the same thing? Do you happen to know if it's easy to put on / take off for road / track duty?
Yes, that's airtube protector I've got on mine, in a crash the steering can get violently thrown to one side and the impact breaks the lockstop off, if the forks move further they hit and break the ram air tube between the air intake and the steering head, that is both expensive and a Royal pita to fix.
The airtube protector is a bit fiddly to fit and you'll need the nosecone off, and it does severely limit the amount of steer angle you get- I know of peeps that have used them on the road, but it's really a track mod tbh, so unless you're going in for a fair amount of track time I'd pass on that, it's not something I'd want to keep fitting and removing every time. Hth.