SBS DC (Dual Carbon) vs SBS DS (Dual Sintered)

Repairs, modifications, bling and tings
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: SBS DC (Dual Carbon) vs SBS DS (Dual Sintered)

Post by Cav »

Maybe.. In fairness, I don't have any quantifiable proof that the Brembo SCs are better than OEM, all I know is I prefer them and I need to input less pressure through the lever which aids fatigue and makes me faster for longer.

I would love to do back to back testing with different discs and pads - that would be a perfect day at the track to me.. same with tyres actually !!
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

I remember PB mag doing the same test and there was an improvement in HH pads over OEM. I would imagine the difference is great again with a more track focused pad.

Tbh I get what Matt is saying as you can do a stoppie with oem pads and you can't brake harder than that but it's all about the feel of more power and the distance travelled.
MLR193
Your Bike: Zx9r C1 , Honda Cb500

Post by MLR193 »

Yeah blade sees what I'm getting at, basically a full standard set up with good brake fluid and well looked after brakes and braided lines are brilliant! I suppose what I'm saying is. If you set your levers correctly for the tendons in your hands and wrists it dramatically drops fatigue and if you use your legs correctly your arms shouldn't get to tired unless of course your unbelievably rapid! Also the longevity is better also. Most standard pads are hh these days for oem! Brembo have the initial bite which is a good feeling to me, I've used dp pads and there amazing but wear out quick!

Bendix have a good mix of longevity and power

Standard easily match them.

It's all personal preference to be honest!
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Definitely a personal feel thing. Some people like progressive power some people like high inital bite. Horses for courses I guess. My personal preference is I like the high inital bite.

A decent radial master cylinder is a worthy upgrade but cheapest upgrade for track is decent brake fluid with a high boiling point to reduce fade.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

My reply didn't send again... FFS.

I CBA to re write it all so the long and short of it is thus:

I could probably go just as fast with a fully OEM bike compared with my bike how it is (minimal upgrades) but it would require me to ride around the bike rather than have the bike working how I like it.
If I can change something to make the bike work better for me I will (within reason) because I enjoy it much more and feel I am able to push the bike harder and learn more.
I think we do share a similar viewpoint, it's just I want to go with something other than OEM

:)
MLR193
Your Bike: Zx9r C1 , Honda Cb500

Post by MLR193 »

Haha exactly as blade says horses for courses, ive raced a cb500 with standard disc and pads and lapped mallory on 1 min 2.056 and Cadwell 1 min 50 before they got better tyres and used to enjoy seeing the bigger bikes fly past until the corners, it's literally all about feeling