Miss Firing Rsv

Repairs, modifications, bling and tings
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Re: Miss Firing Rsv

Post by D6 »

I tend to use cheapest/first I see when light comes on !!!!

Hope you get it sorted.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Same as D6, I just use whatever is nearest when the light comes on.

One thing I did notice though. recently I decided to try a tank of super unleaded (which I never normally use) the bike wasn't overly keen. I wouldn't say it ran rough, but it wasn't as smooth as normal. A couple of tanks of 95 through and it's bag to normal again.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Mine seems to be running better on 97 RON.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Ok so filled the tank up today with fresh fuel did not use any of the original fuel that was left over in the tank. I then got some injector cleaner it may be a waste of time but for £8 I'm willing to give it ago. Been out for a ride and it was not as hard or as long as Tuesday as the weather was a little hit and miss. However I not sure if its in my head but the bike is pulling better especially in higher gears and I had a few moments were under hard acceleration it picked the front wheel off the ground (no hero wheelies I'm not good at wheeling so i don't do it) were it has not really done before. It did not cut out or stutter but it needs a few more rides to see if the problem is still there.

this is the injector cleaner I used

"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
rocket

Post by rocket »

nearly 3 tanks of fuel later and .... no miss fire or stuttering fingers crossed
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Fingers crossed, but sounding good.

If you have got the brown connector between the v of the engine, I would 100% recommended getting rid of it. Its a well known problem.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

A misfiring v twin would have really stood out today
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Glad the fuel injector cleaner helped.
Blade

Post by Blade »

I have read on a lot of forums Shell VPower of Tesco Momentum 99 give the best results.
rocket

Post by rocket »

Cheers guys it's fingers crossed but time will tell, I had a quick look at the brown connector and looks like someone has messed around with it before. As soon as I get the cans on I'm going to get on the phone to ap and see of they can fit me in for a tune up. At the same time I'll get them to check the charging system over.

I prefer to use vpower in the bike as I not a fan of cheap super market fuel but it ran ok with morrisions fuel today no other station close by.

I have to run vpower in the car as its mapped to it and it ain't cheap
rocket

Post by rocket »

Well went out for a spin today and the bike cut out on me at a junction its started doing this over the last couple of rides its fine for the first 45 mins then coming to a junction's etc. pull in the clutch and it cuts out. First time it happened it fired up straight away second time it started then cut out then started and cut out again then it ran out of electricity so i had to bump it down a hill thank god i was next to one. So i rode it the quickest way home unfortunately the petrol light came on so i had to stop but i had done about 45 mins riding went to start it no electricity tried but did not enough to kick it over. So i had to push it to a hill and bump it again on the way home went for an overtake and it stuttered like it was missing like it did at the start got all the way home but 500 yards guess what a junction and cut out this time it was all up hill so i just pushed it home. When i got in i rang aprilia performance and booked it in to get it looked over and see if they can find and cure the problem.

I'm guessing it may have miss fired as the battery was pretty dead. Which also means the charging system is not doing its job. I charged the battery and fired the bike up later the volt meter on the dash read 11,5 when it should be 13-14 i would have thought.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

AP will get you sorted mate, I'm sure of it.

My money is still on the stator being burned and the brown connector issue. It sounds like an oh so familiar tale from my bike.

Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Have AP given you any hints to what the likely course is ? Have they seen this problem before ?
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I would leave the bike until its sorted, Rocket. If the bike keeps trying to turn over on a low battery it will wreck the sprag clutch.
rocket

Post by rocket »

They said to check the idle control valve which may be causing the cut out and make sure it's clean. With regards to the charging system like d6nutz has said it's a common fault on these bikes so they are going to check it over.

I'm on holiday next week so the next time bike will be ridden is to ap to get sorted hopefully.
Blade

Post by Blade »

I m sure it will be sorted soon. AP have an excellent reputation.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Enjoy your Jolldays 8) (sun)
rocket

Post by rocket »

Had a full day at AP and the generator was cooked and i mean cooked melted and black... they serviced the bike at the same time and gave it a tune up all fixed and running sweet as a nut on the way home.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've heard nothing but good things about Griff.
Blade

Post by Blade »

rocket wrote:Had a full day at AP and the generator was cooked and i mean cooked melted and black... they serviced the bike at the same time and gave it a tune up all fixed and running sweet as a nut on the way home.
Happy days mate, now just get out and thrash the living daylights out of it (raaar)