LED headlights

Repairs, modifications, bling and tings
Flow
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple R

LED headlights

Post by Flow »

Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience with LED headlight bulbs? I'm interested in tales of fitting them (the space in a bike headlamp is pretty minimal) and brands you've gone with if you have bought them (as the cost options vary dramatically).

I'm riding a new Street Triple 765 RS, so if anyone has experience specifically with that bike, even better, but all comments welcome.
Cheers (y)
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Re: LED headlights

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Might be worth checking out 3 pistons, Rick is a bit of a guru of all things triple and triumph, I know he does LEDS for the old bug eye models but if you drop him a message he will be able to let you know if he has any plans for the newer models
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

+1 for 3 pistons. Very high quality stuff and Rick is a nice bloke to boot. He's very supportive so if you need any help, just give him a shout.

https://3pistons.co.uk/products/triumph ... ht-upgrade" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I'll ask him if he's doing a kit for the 765

How you getting on with the RS?
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Meant to be meeting up with Rick soon, hes just moved house from Southampton to not far from me so Ill see if I can get him to get on here, he gets enough business from us guys haha
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've checked with Rick, 3 Pistons don't do an LED kit and have no plans at present to make one.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

If you're looking at H4 replacements then have a browse through YouTube for reviews where they actually fit them to a reflector headlight.

Some of them are almost unbelievably bad.
Flow
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple R

Post by Flow »

Kwacky wrote:+1 for 3 pistons. Very high quality stuff and Rick is a nice bloke to boot. He's very supportive so if you need any help, just give him a shout.

https://3pistons.co.uk/products/triumph ... ht-upgrade" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I'll ask him if he's doing a kit for the 765

How you getting on with the RS?
Thanks for both posts Kwacky.

The new bike is... well it's just my bike! You know when you and the bike just fit together, it's like that, l wouldn't want to ride anything else. 3700 miles on it now and I just removed the Super Corsa's (SC) a couple of weekends ago, I've gone back to Dunlop Road Smart III (RSIII), which have really improved the handling. In large part because the SC's were squared off from commuting which they're really not design for. But also for the extra confidence I get year round with the RSIII, they may not be the 'best' tyre on the market, but I've been riding RoadSmarts for about 5 years (that's about 35,000 miles) and they just have wonderful feedback and really progressive slip characteristics. The bike has spent almost all of it's life in 'Sport' mode, I've not felt the need to use other modes generally, although I did go to rain mode on a particularly wet and muddy B-road blast the weekend before I changed the SC's.

It 's not the fastest or the most sophisticated thing out there, not even the best value, but it gives me confidence by the bucket, is fast enough to scare ''me', looks and sounds great - we're very happy together! (h)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Sounds good to me. I really enjoyed my test ride on one, even if it did rain for half of the ride.